STEAM Event at SDSU - 10/1/12
SEEE Seminar Series joins forces with Full STE[+a]M Ahead to present...
STEM OR STEAM?
Integrating the Arts into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Education
Monday, October 1, 2012 4:00 – 7:00 pm
SDG&E Energy Innovation Center (4760 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA)
Does integrating the arts with STEM education enhance or dilute student learning? Should the arts be part of school curriculum? Join us to participate in several interactive stations ranging from elementary through high school level involving integrating the arts with the sciences, technology, engineering, and math, followed by a discussion of the questions surrounding the integrating arts of hands-on learning in different environments and what we learn from such experiences.
- 4:00 pm Reception and Full STE[+a]M Ahead Networking
- 4:45 pm Welcome and Introductions
- 5:00 pm Interactive STEAM Exhibitions
- 5:45 pm Speaker: Nan Renner, UCSD/SD Natural HIstory Museum
- 6:00 pm Panel Discussions and Q & A
- 6:30 pm Additional Networking
- Arnold Tubis, Author of Unfolding Mathematics with Origami Boxes and Professor Emeritus of Physics at Purdue University
- Jason Rogalski, JCS Middle School Academy Art and Science Teacher
- Ricardo Nemirovsky, Director, SDSU’s Center for Research in Mathematics and Science Education (CRMSE)
- Brooke Ernest, Doctoral Student, SDSU’s Mathematics and Science Education (MSED)
- Balboa Park Learning Institute and many more!
Please RSVP by Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at www.SeeeSeminar.com.
Attendance is free. A voluntary donation of $10 to offset expenses is welcomed at the door.
Additional information can be found at www.SeeeSeminar.com.