In June 2009, the Partnership adopted a new strategic plan created by a strategic planning committee involving both Partnership board members and staff. Strategic planning and communications consultants provided key support with regard to facilitation and input. Other Partnership staff members and a team of graduate students from the University of San Diego’s Nonprofit Leadership and Management Program provided additional analysis and insight.
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership seeks to achieve four key strategic outcomes by 2012 in order to maximize the effectiveness of our collaboration, maintain our competitive edge, support innovative thinking, and achieve our mission and vision:
- Develop the Partnership’s organizational strength and capacity for success, and become an employer, service provider, and investment of choice.
- Increase the economic and environmental sustainability of our members and Balboa Park.
- Optimize the visitor experience and opportunity for lifelong learning in Balboa Park.
- Strengthen the visibility, voice, and leadership of the Partnership.
The Partnership’s first priority is outcome 1: Developing organizational strength. Without this, the Partnership’s success in the other areas is not possible.
Key Balboa Park Cultural Partnership programs, initiatives and resources that will help achieve strategic outcomes and implement strategies and actions include:
- Balboa Park Environmental Sustainability Program
- Collective Business Operations / Shared Business Services Program
- Balboa Park Learning Institute (Professional Development Program)
- Balboa Park Governance Task Force
- 2015 Centennial Celebration Committee
- The Balboa Park Online Collaborative, a program of The Legler Benbough Foundation