Sustainable Preservation Practices Workshop in Balboa Park
Balboa Art Conservation Center is pleased to welcome and host James Reilly, founder and director of The Image Permanence Institute (IPI), to San Diego to present Sustainable Preservation Practices for Managing Storage Environments, October 9 -10 in Balboa Park.
This two-day workshop is designed to enable staff in cultural institutions to avoid risks to collections while they support sustainability efforts and pursue opportunities for energy cost reduction.
The workshop will introduce participants to:
- Recent developments in the tools and techniques to sustainably manage the storage environment
- Basic mechanical system functions, the energy consuming elements of mechanical systems, and how to identify where responsible energy savings are possible
- A methodology for defining and achieving optimal and sustainable preservation storage climates
- Guidelines for risk management of changes in T and RH settings that affect collections
- How facilities and collections staff can best work together
Who should attend?
- Facilities administrators and HVAC technicians
- Collections care professionals
- Directors, curators, and librarians
Dates: Tuesday, October 9 - Wednesday, October 10
Time: 9 AM - 5 PM
Location: James S. Copley Auditorium at the San Diego Museum of Art
Fees: This workshop is designed for both facilities administrators and collections care professionals. To encourage cross-department participation, a discount is available for dual registration.
- Single registration - $50;
- Dual registration for staff from the same institution - $75
Download the PDF for more information. Contact Kara West at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
|Sustainable Practices Workshop Flyer.pdf||180.63 KB|